OBS PRIOR NOTICE IS NOT A REQUIREMENT (YET). THIS PAGE IS ONLY A TEST IF/WHEN IT IS TO BE IMPLEMENTED.
Prior Notice is a NOT YET requirement at ESMK for landing and starting when the tower is closed, but it would be appreciated if used also when the tower is open so the airport and the flight club get better information on how much the airport is used and what the purpose of the visit is.
See the IAIP for the towers opening hours.
Prior to landing at ESMK you need to consider point 1-5 below:
- Thoroughly study the approach chart of ESMK
- Skydiving is common at ESMK and the landing zone is almost at the center of the airport. In order to reduce risk for incidents with skydivers: avoid to pass over the center of the airport and avoid to land to far into the runway.
- Use blind transmission (on 129.355) when the tower is closed and report you position and intention.
- Respect areas that are more sensitive to disturbances i.e. the village just south of the paved runway and the church directly west of the field.
- For safety reason avoid passing immediately over the liquor factory (Pernod Ricard) close to the right hand base of runway 19.
Please fill in the fields below for prior notice. The input will be sent to you (AS TEST ONLY), (WILL NOT BE SENT TO : the local flight club, the local skydiving club and to the airport company.